ChrisMaverick dotcom

6-18-08

6-18-08

Day 677 of 365 More.

There… The economy has been saved. Aren’t you glad? And with 4000 watts of studio power, it’s going to go really well, once I destroy the sun in a few weeks.

In other news, I got an IM from a friend of mine in the great state of Canada today, telling me to check out one of his favorite blogs. And imagine my surprise when I went there and saw someone raving about the awesomeness of my Secret Wars self-portrait. I dunno, it was just a small thing, and certainly not the first time someone has liked one of my shots, but somehow it just kinda made my day. So I did the only thing I could do, I left him a comic thanking him and pimping Cosmic Hellcats. A man’s gotta eat ya know? BTW, new episode out today so check it out.

My new lights shipped with one burnt out lightbulb. How weird is that. I have to remember to write them tomorrow and ask them to send me a replacement bulb.

365 days

om

10 comments for “6-18-08

1. avatar
    June 19, 2008 at 1:23 am

Yes please destroy the sun. It was a freaking 113 here today (though my car told me it was 118 at one point).

Summer vacation starts Friday. Fan art forthcoming. 🙂

2. avatar
    June 19, 2008 at 2:21 am

What a nice little gift for you to discover today 🙂 It’s such a pleasure to find unsolicited and unexpected praise for work we’ve done. Glad you’re also aware of the many fans you have too. 😀
    Uh, erm, hmmmmmm . . . I’m going to vote against the destruction of the sun, however . . . I don’t know, call me crazy, but I think it’s a bit handy to have around.

3. avatar
    June 19, 2008 at 9:42 am

you can do what you like with the sun but the moon…..the moon is all mine muhahahahahahahaha

4. avatar
    June 19, 2008 at 10:47 am

I know you are a happy man with all of those new lights!

5. avatar
    June 19, 2008 at 12:33 pm

Diggin the new equipment, eh?

6. avatar
    June 19, 2008 at 4:01 pm

Those look like lots of fun. I need to pick up a couple shoot through umbrellas.

7. avatar
    June 19, 2008 at 4:09 pm

Don’t destroy the sun! Remember all the awfulness when Mr. Burns blocked it out on the Simpsons?

8. avatar
    June 19, 2008 at 6:18 pm

oh crap! Don’t destroy the sun NOW!!! Everything is OK now – GWB has saved the economy (and the world!) No more worries!!
    ….ahem…..

besides that – we’re gonna NEED the sun to power our hybrids, cause we sure can’t afford gas any longer…..(Damn, I’m truly saving my money to buy a hybrid car….)

Seen in my contacts’ photos. (?)

9. avatar
    June 19, 2008 at 8:48 pm

ooooh, softboxes and brellies are a good choice. will help to soften and diffuse your subjects. did you picuk up any reflectors? those are excellent for adding up light, especially outside.

10. avatar
    June 20, 2008 at 4:31 pm

@adayinthelife: oh, plans are already in the works. Can’t wait to see the fan art.

@Marazipan: yeah, it was kinda neat. And I’m sorry, but the sun is a goner.

@disco~stu: that’s fair. I may be a criminal mastermind, but I’m not greedy.

@lrayholly: yep. Quite pleased with them.

@shockingbird: very much so.

@Sick Little Monkey: oh, I’ve had the umbrellas for quite a while. And one softbox. All I got this week was three more softboxes. Umbrellas are hella versatile though.

@365bunnies: I like to think I’ve learned from his mistakes.

@Babs1696: Once the sun is gone, fossil fuels will be the least of your worries.

@thomasean: I’ve had the umbrellas forever. And I had one softbox. Use them all the time. I don’t have any specific reflectos. Don’t shoot outside very often and I don’t have an assistant. The umbrellas work pretty well as reflectors in a pinch though.