Here’s to getting shit done…
I had a really productive day today. A couple days ago, both Newt, and my friend Mike wrote me within five minutes of each other to let me know that yet another film was casting for extras in Pittsburgh. We all know how much I love seeing myself on screen, even if for just a few minutes, so I woke up and went to the casting call with Newt to turn in headshots. They actually asked if I had any fighting experience (its a movie about MMA, I guess), which I do, obviously, so I said yes. It’d be great if they actually utilized me that way, but I’m not holding my breath.
They also asked if Newt would mind posing in a bikini and being a ring girl. She actually does that in real life for boxing matches, so she was totally into it. They asked her if she had any shots in a bikini to put with her headshot. She didn’t, but promised them she’d email some in tonight.
Luckily she was at the casting call with her favorite photographer, so that meant we had to take a quick trip to the mall so she could get a bikini and then we had an impromptu photoshoot to get her a couple shots. That’s the fastest I’ve turned any photos around in a while.
After she left I spent the next several hours finishing the next episode of Cosmic Hellcats, one which I find quite funny by the way, so check it out. Then I even got a nice pulse pounding 40 minute workout in. It was a hella busy day for a Saturday.
The workout actually felt really good. I’d been slacking again. So I’ve put together a plan for the next month.
30 day goals:
1. Work out at least 3 times a week.
2. Lose 10 lbs.
3. Catch up on all the photoshoots I’m behind on.
4. Get at least 10 eps of the Cosmic Hellcats webcomic written (I’m usually several weeks ahead on the storyline).
5. Get at least 3 eps ahead on coloring the comic (this is hard. I’m never ahead on this, and usually finish the day it’s due).
6. Get at least 4 pages of issue 2 of the print comic colored and lettered. (this is damn hard. I’ve been too busy to even start it even though I’ve already written the entire thing and Max has drawn the first six pages).
7. Die of exhaustion.
I shared that plan with Max earlier as a lot of the Hellcat stuff requires him to stay ahead of me. He forbid me from dying until I finish all 24 pages of the paper comic.
Ok, granted, I may fail horribly at the rest of the plan too, but at least it gives me stuff to work towards.