ChrisMaverick dotcom

1-22-08

1-22-08

Day 529 of 365 More.

I love when I come home and there is a package from Amazon. It’s like Christmas.

Today I came home to discover that the mailman had brought my Batman and Spiderman training manuals. Just what I need to continue my journey to becoming a superhero. Lessons on crafting your costume, escaping from supervillains, swinging from building to building, taking a kick to the head, and yes Shannon, even how to train a sidekick.

The only question is which one do I want to read first?

I need to figure it out soon, because I only have til my birthday to be good. Because i still intend to become a supervillain then.

365 days

Post navigation

13 comments for “1-22-08

1. avatar
    January 23, 2008 at 12:49 am

BAH HA HA HA!

You are so awesome.

2. avatar
    January 23, 2008 at 12:58 am

Amazon deliveries complelely make my day!!

I’d love to know how to make a super hero costume.. 😉

3. avatar
    January 23, 2008 at 1:03 am

@jessi.: 🙂 Thank you.

@Jah Lovely: Heh. Maybe I’ll have to post a tutorial. But really, would you want to cover up all your great tattoos?

4. avatar
    January 23, 2008 at 2:00 am

awww. and all I got in the mail today was the beads I ordered last week. Oh wait, Sparklies!!! 🙂

I think you should read Spiderman first… in case there’s time-sensitive tips for locating radioactive spiders. Batman’s just all about training, he doesn’t have so much of the superpower.

5. avatar
    January 23, 2008 at 6:55 am

They have training manuals?

I know one has superpowers and the other is just a real smart, ich guy who stays in shape, I’ve wondered if their approaches to similar situations would be different. But Spidey don’t need no sidekick.

6. avatar
    January 23, 2008 at 7:44 am

Um…. how hard is it to be a sidekick? You just wear underpants on the outside of your tights and distract all the supervillian boys

7. avatar
    January 23, 2008 at 1:01 pm

I want to be spidey, so… you be Bats. 🙂

8. avatar
    January 23, 2008 at 2:59 pm

@mickeysacks: the thing is, I sort of feel like becoming Batman is more achievable. Becoming Spiderman relies on a lot of random chance.

@DeHoll: a lot of each book is just practical knowledge. In reality, they aren’t so much about spidey or bats. They’re just gimmicks?

@spresogna: volunteering, hun? We really should do a superhero shoot one of these days.

@Stephen Poff: I’ll link both books to where you get them on amazon if you want.

9. avatar
    January 24, 2008 at 5:58 am

this shot is sooooo cool

do they do a ‘for dummies’ version? I could totally get into ‘how to become a superhero for dummies’

lesson one – don’t be evil
    lesson two – be super etc etc

I’d go with batman first he wears his underwear on the outside and that kinda cooky!

10. avatar
    January 24, 2008 at 8:02 am

Hi, I’m an admin for a group called The SuperMales, and we’d love to have your photo added to the group.

11. avatar
    January 24, 2008 at 2:02 pm

@disco~stu: Hmm, that’s not a bad idea for a book. Maybe I should write it. I’ve never been much of one for the underwear on the outisde thing though.

@fredfischborn: sure… why not?

12. avatar
    January 31, 2008 at 11:12 pm

go BATMAN…it is more my bag… but nothing wrong with a lil Spidey

13. avatar
    February 1, 2008 at 1:29 am

@espressoDOM: hey… I’d be happy to be either.